The CWG network is a forum to encourage interaction between partners on key solid waste management issues and to provide the opportunity for improving the standards and sustainability of solid waste management. It covers the wide range of aspects that affect solid waste management, including institutional, social, financial and technical aspects.
The CWG is best known for a range of publications and the series of international workshops that it has organized between 1995 and 2012.
- International Workshop on Municipal Solid Waste Management; Ittingen, Switzerland, 1995
- Promotion of Public – Private Partnerships in Municipal Solid Waste Management in Low-income Countries; Washington DC, USA, 1996
- Micro and Small Enterprises Involvement in Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Countries; Cairo, Egypt 1996
- Waste Disposal Workshop; Belo Horizonte, Brazil, 1998
- Planning for sustainable and integrated solid waste management; Manila, Philippines, 2000
- Solid waste collection that benefits the urban poor; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 2003
- Solid waste, health and the Millenium Development Goals; Kolkata, India, February 2006
- Building Sustainable Livelihoods: Economic Aspects of Informal Sector Activities in Solid Waste Management, Gouda, The Netherlands, 2007
- Capacity development and advocacy for improved solid waste and resource management; Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, 2008